Author Topic: queue level never worked -- please help  (Read 3145 times)

fredsi

• View Profile
    • Email
queue level never worked -- please help
« on: May 25, 2010, 00:09:29 »
Hi there,

I have problem with the queue level. According to the UserManual_1602, page 27, it says ----

Each agent may be flagged as being a member of four priority groups:
• Main: the agents usually answering the queue
• Spill: the agents answering the queue if all "Main" agents are busy or unavailable
• Wrap: the agents answering the queue if all "Main" and "Spill" agents are busy or unavailable
• Undefined: this agent is not a member of any priority group for this queue
This feature is useful if priority groups are used in the queue configuration. If they are not used, just assign
all agents to "Main" for each queue. ----

but from extension_queuemetrics.conf, I didn't see any queue levels be added to the agents:
exten => 25,3,AddQueueMember(${QUEUENAME},Local/${AGENTCODE}@from-internal)

and indeed, it's never worked for us. So here is the problem: we are using queues to route language calls, let's say i have Agent A speak only English, and Agent B speaks Chinese and English. According to what I have learned, the queues are handled separately, that means Agent B will answer around 2 times of calls that Agent A does depend on how many calls in each queue. That's obvious unfair for the agents. And that's why I want English is the 2nd level for Agent B.

We really need this function since we do have agents that speak couple languages. Please let me know how do I need to configure to accomplish this. Thanks.

Fred

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
Re: queue level never worked -- please help
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 10:40:07 »
You need to add a PENALTY, see e.g.

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20cmd%20AddQueueMember

If you'd like to do this automatically, you could embed the penalty in the agent's name, so that it's passed by QM.

Thinking about it, we way as well pass a penalty number from the request - it would be nice. I am adding this as request #1107

fredsi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 22:03:11 »
thank you.

that's what i thought is missing from the configuration:
exten => 25,3,AddQueueMember(${QUEUENAME},Local/${AGENTCODE}@from-internal)

from the database, i can see there are "agenti_membri", "agenti_spilloff_1" and "agenti_spilloff_2" fields from queuemetrics.code_possibili table, but unfortunately, i don't know how to get a "penalty" for them. any suggestion? Thank you for the help.

Fred

QueueMetrics

• Loway
    • View Profile
    • QueueMetrics
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 15:10:44 »
No this is not passed to Asterisk at the moment....