Author Topic: Holding Que (dropping calls - hanging up)  (Read 2572 times)

nighttraindb

• View Profile
Holding Que (dropping calls - hanging up)
« on: March 02, 2014, 16:26:16 »
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this post.  Ok, really I am a novice (but a fast learner)  to queuemetrics and did not install it myself.  However the individual I had install it is unavailable...

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.   Right now when all lines are busy and the customer is placed in a holding que   after a very very short period of time it hangs up.    Sometimes it even asks for a pin number.

If anyone could tell me what folder to go in,  what file to grab and what piece of coding to tweak.  I can SSH to it and make the adjustment myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mirkox

• View Profile
Re: Holding Que (dropping calls - hanging up)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 15:46:14 »
Hi,

first of all, at this link ( https://github.com/Loway/QueueMetricsHowTos/blob/master/QueueMetricsInstall.md  ) you can find a very simple tutorial that explains how QueueMetrics work and how to install it. This is often useful to sort ideas out about QueueMetrics :)

Can you tell us more about your system? (what PBX are you running?).
I'm almost sure that your problem is related on your PBX configuration, (maybe you have a short timeout on your queues) because QueueMetrics just "listen" what happens in your PBX reading the Asterisk's queue_log file (a file where asterisk writes all that happens in queues).

Mirko

nighttraindb

• View Profile
Re: Holding Que (dropping calls - hanging up)
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 16:06:00 »
Hello and thank you for taking the time to get back to me.   Yes, I came to the same conclusion  it was my asterisks configuration    it had a short time out (only 5 minutes)   this has been extended.

Thank You again your help is greatly appreciated.