QueueMetrics > QueueMetrics installation

QM 1.6 and realtime queue_log

<< < (5/7) > >>

moa:
I'm sure you have, but it's always good to check: After altering the database table, did you do a module reload within the asterisk CLI?  From my experience, it seems asterisk does some sort of cacheing of the database column types and layouts.

Here is the describe on my queue_log:

--- Code: ---mysql> describe queue_log;
+-----------+------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field     | Type             | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
| id        | int(10) unsigned | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| time      | char(10)         | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| callid    | varchar(32)      | NO   |     |         |                |
| queuename | varchar(32)      | NO   |     |         |                |
| agent     | varchar(32)      | NO   |     |         |                |
| event     | varchar(32)      | NO   |     |         |                |
| data      | varchar(255)     | NO   |     |         |                |
7 rows in set (0.00 sec)

--- End code ---

And here are my relevant config file entries:

--- Code: ---res_mysql.conf:
[general]
dbhost=127.0.0.1
dbname=ast_db
dbuser=asterisk
dbpass=XXXXXX
dbport=3306
sock=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

extconfig.conf:
[settings]
queue_log => mysql,general,queue_log

--- End code ---

The main difference I have noticed here is that my column type is "char" not "varchar".  I'm no database expert but if asterisk is picky about column types this could cause it to fail.

I hope this helps!

QueueMetrics:

--- Quote from: moa on November 10, 2010, 18:30:54 ---The main difference I have noticed here is that my column type is "char" not "varchar".  I'm no database expert but if asterisk is picky about column types this could cause it to fail.

--- End quote ---

I think this is completely undetectable at the client level. The only difference  is if you want to waste space but have faster access (CHAR) or save disk space at a light penalty (VARCHAR).

trymes:
Can either of you confirm how the default and NULL items ought to be set? In the original bug report and Voip-Info report, IIRC, they had it set to NOT NULL and default '', while moa has his time clumn set to NULL = YES and defauly NULL.

I doubt it will make a difference, but....

Tom

trymes:
OK, I have it up and working, I think. No more errors. I chose to set the time column as char(10), NOT NULL and default ''.

Now, though, I get an error in QM because the queuemetrics@localhost is denied permission by MySQL. What is the best method for granting permission to QM to read the queue_log table?

I am not confident in MySQL enough to feel comfortable with granting the proper rights, etc without a little handholding.

Thank you,

Tom

QueueMetrics:
Try

--- Code: ---grant all privileges on databasename.* to 'queuemetrics'@'localhost' identified by 'javadude';
--- End code ---

You have to set your database name for databasename.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version