QueueMetrics > QueueMetrics installation

Queues/Agents Questions

(1/1)

adrianmk:
I'm not sure if I don't understand what's going on, or there's something wrong with Queuemetrics, or there's something wrong with my installation.

I have a couple of issues relating to Queues and Agents.

1. The "Agents for queue: XXXX" Screen doesn't appear to do anything. No matter which agents I tick, in main, wrap or spill, this doesn't seem to change which agents are actually members of which queue. Is this what this feature actually is supposed to do? What is the actual difference between main, wrap and spill? Do these just correspond to penalty values? If this is supposed to add agents to a queue, by what method exactly does Queuemetrics do this? Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find anything that actually details this.

2. I am trying to use FreePBX to assign queue membership for static agents instead of using dynamic agents. When I use dynamic agents, a list of queues that the Agent is a member of is displayed on the realtime monitoring page. So why is it when I configure static agents, I get an icon (img/icons_silk/database.png) in the "Queue(s)" field on the "Realtime Call center monitoring page" and no list of queues.

The calls appear to come through correctly to that agent, suggesting that they are in fact a member, but I can't tell from Queuemetrics which agents are members of which queues.

Here is an image that shows what I am talking about

Thanks for any help you can provide.

QueueMetrics:
I think there is a basic misunderstanding here: QM is not a configuration editor for Asterisk, so calls will never take  a different path whatever you set in QM.  :)

The reason why QM has agent/queue associations is that such information cannot be inferred reliably from the basic queue_log when using agents.

About the icon versus a queue code, this is because in one case you have a "database" setting (this means: QM has no way to know on which queues this agent is working, as they are stored in Asterisk's DB); if an agent logs on to a specific queue, instead, the agent/queue association is shown.

Tip: use the rewriteLocalChannel option to have agents that look like Agent/264 and not local/264@from-internal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version